The Grey Society, our largest and longest running law society here at Northumbria, give you a tour of the Northumbria Law School. It really shows the great facilities here at Northumbria that students get access to!
Fun Facts: You may not know about our Northumbria Law School
– Northumbria Law School is the largest Law School in North East of England with national and international reputation for excellence in legal education.
– Our law students learn in our state-of-the-art £70 million city centre campus location.
– Our law students learn in authentic civil and criminal courtroom facilities, including a real criminal courtroom donated by the Courts Service allowing real life exposure.
– Our law students gain real life experience working on cases via our Student Law Office, a multi award-winning and world leading law clinic, offering vital legal services on a regional and national level free of charge to members of the public, businesses and community groups.
– Northumbria Law School is ranked 5th for employment of Law graduates one year after graduation (Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) 2019)
– Northumbria Law School is one of just six institutions in the UK to be recognised by The Higher Education Academy with a Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence (CATE) based upon the work of the Student Law Office.
Special credit for the video goes to Craig Wilson from the SU for his efforts in creating the video along with the Grey Society Fundraising and Volunteering officer Gareth Smith. Also, a huge thanks to all the Grey Society and everyone involved in the video and for giving up their time to film it, including Northumbria Law School staff member Dr Rachel Dunn. Gareth tells us that they all wanted to make sure that new and prospective students could get an insight into the law school and what they can utilise.
*All Covid-19 regulations were adhered to at the time of filming. All information is accurate at the time of sharing. Courses starting in 2021 are offered as a mix of online and face to face teaching due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. We continue to monitor government and local authority guidance in relation to Covid-19 and we are ready and able to flex accordingly to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff. Students will be required to attend campus as far as restrictions allow. Contact time will increase as restrictions ease, or decrease, potentially to a full online offer, should restrictions increase. Our online activity will be delivered through Blackboard Ultra, enabling collaboration, connection and engagement with materials and people.
Law Subject Page UG
Law Subject Page PG
Open Day Page
Northumbria Grey (Law) Society
Student Blog: 15 Reasons Why Going to Northumbria Law School is the Best Decision You’ll Ever Make.
Northumbria Law Student Scoops First Cyber Law Award from Top Transatlantic Firm